Explore all things gap year through stories and anecdotes by gappers, families and experts. Fun to listen to but also jam-packed with tips and tricks for making the most of your gap year. No matter who you are or where you are on your gap year journey, you should be listening to the Gap Year Podcast! Although it is produced for Canadians, the content is universal.
Friday Mar 03, 2023
Friday Mar 03, 2023
In today’s episode we invite the fabulous Jay Gosselin from Discover Year, a certified Canadian post-secondary program that fosters confidence, resilience and equips students with the skills they need to succeed in their transition from adolescence into adulthood through their one-year life skills program.
We all know the pandemic was a rocky time for everyone, but Michelle and Jay unpack the many areas where youth were impacted and ultimately the skills deficits resulting from this. They also dive deeper into how gap years are the perfect way to build on these skills to help young people get back on track!
Take a listen!
- The major setbacks and obstacles faced by youth including social and mental health issues.
- How such issues have become barriers for youth to make an effective transitions from adolescence to young adulthood
- The challenges with having difficult conversations with your young person and CanGap resources that you can tap into.
- How discover year through experiential learning and exceptional mentor support helps the development of critical soft skills that students are missing
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Check out Discover Year!
- Get support to light up your gap year! Book a free 30-min call: https://www.cangap.ca/call
Connect With The Canadian Gap Year Association
- Join “Gapper Connect” on Discord to connect with students thinking about a gap year, current Gappers, and alum all in one place! https://www.cangap.ca/gapperconnect
- Find more resources at the Can Gap website https://www.cangap.ca/
- Follow on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/cangapassociation/
- Follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ucangap
- Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/ucangap
- Follow on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuBit8gLXEOxaBggoGmykjQ