Explore all things gap year through stories and anecdotes by gappers, families and experts. Fun to listen to but also jam-packed with tips and tricks for making the most of your gap year. No matter who you are or where you are on your gap year journey, you should be listening to the Gap Year Podcast! Although it is produced for Canadians, the content is universal.
Friday Dec 23, 2022
Friday Dec 23, 2022
As a parent you always want the best for your teen, but sometimes it’s hard to see eye to eye on what the “best” is with your young person. If you want to better understand why your teen thinks and makes the decisions they do, along with why this particular stage of life is so challenging, then you do not want to miss this episode!
Michelle dives deep into the science behind it all and connects the dots between your teens actions and the support they need at this stage of life. This episode is packed with valuable information that will help you understand your young person and be able to better support them through this exciting yet uncomfortable transition from adolescence into adulthood.
Take a listen!
- The science behind an adolescent’s brain development, when do our teens actually become adults?
- Dealing with your young person’s risk taking behaviour and impulsive decision making, and how these actions are beneficial to the growth of your teen.
- Why gap years are incredibly formative for teenagers, especially at this age and stage of life.
- Things that your young person will turn to you for, and how you can show up for them and support them in the most impactful way.
- Tapping into the programs and coaching CanGap offers to help support you and young people through this exhilarating gap year journey!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
- Parent Programs
- Get support to light up your gap year! Book a free 30-min call: https://www.cangap.ca/call
Connect With The Canadian Gap Year Association
- Join “Gapper Connect” on Discord to connect with students thinking about a gap year, current Gappers, and alumni all in one place! https://www.cangap.ca/gapperconnect
- Find more resources at the Can Gap website https://www.cangap.ca/
- Follow on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/cangapassociation/
- Follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ucangap
- Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/ucangap
- Follow on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuBit8gLXEOxaBggoGmykjQ